Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Glimpses of Grace

Glimpses of grace! Only glimpses? Grace surrounds me, yet my dull eyes catch only glimpses. Oh, Lord, open my eyes and show me "what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe."

Last Wednesday I awoke mentally preparing for a sister's brunch later in the morning; then, stepped out of bed to realize my nausea. Geryll canceled the brunch and his work for the day then cared for me and Tristan.

Monday began with too many things to do. While I worked at the computer Tristan wailed on the floor. Anger surged and I responded roughly. All the while I heard His voice, calling me to calm down. The day rushed by and at the last minute I opened the cookbook- the one so familiar and well used- looking for a snack for after school company. My eyes moved to a recipe I'd somehow never seen before. All the ingredients were in my cupboard and the dough could be mixed by hand.

"My God shall supply all of your needs according to his riches in glory." My needs for support in sickness, peace in frustration, and food for company all were met by his hand. He holds my life together. For this, I praise Him.
Bars from this recipe fed the kids at club Tuesday evening. I used chocolate cake with pb chips, yellow cake with chocolate and pb chips, and funfetti with no chips. Here it is:

Chocolate Chip Bars
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1/4 C. oil
2 eggs
1/4 water
2 C. chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients. Pour into greased 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment