Friday, July 2, 2010

These days I live with a heightened awareness of each moment, knowing any day my life could change with the birth of my baby. So I savor the moments with Geryll and Tristan, anticipating the future, yet wanting to cling to the now. The reality of the out-of-control, unknown of tomorrow is more easily realized when you are nine months pregnant.

Again and again God reminds me of His lavish love for me. Last week He did it through my family. Living five hours away from them, a three day visit is glorious.

 

My niece Mia gave me a hydrangea. Very sweet of her, so we proudly took a picture together. Later I learned she had been clipping the whole bush for me. She has no idea how much that means to me.

 

My Mom cooked breakfast every morning, cared about my swollen feet, didn't let me help weed the garden, and took care of Tristan. I am proud to be her daughter. When I hear stories of the ways she and Grandma serve others I wonder if I will ever be that unselfish.

 

Here I am am with two of my sisters, Sheri and Sonya. I left knowing I'd received more from them than what I had given. Three days with them are way too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment